With Valentine's Day coming up, I decided to try my hand at making some roses out of duct tape. I have made several in the past, but was disappointed with how they ended up. Most designs out there don't look much like an actual rose. So I tried to figure out a way to make them as realistic as possible. After a lot of internet searching I found some designs for duct tape lilies and duct tape tulips that I combined into this duct tape rose project. The key was to use both embedded wire and the adhesive of the tape itself to get the shape right. There is still some room for improvement, but I think that they turned out alright.
You can check out my Instructable page for step by step instructions. http://www.instructables.com/id/Realistic-Duct-Tape-Rose/